Best Prospects for Non-Agricultural Products
- Telecommunications and Computer Equipment-Poor domestic wired networks have encouraged the growth of cellular. Poor postal and package services have sparked interest in electronic documents
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Equipment- Fluctuating current and heavy use raise demand for both new equipment and spare parts.
- Electrical Generators and Distribution Equipment-Given the deteriorating and decentralized network, both individuals and firms are moving towards independent supplies.
- Pharmaceuticals-Basic, generic, antibiotics. The market has seen strong competition from South Asian producers and recent outcries against the sale of outdated medicines
- Aircraft and related equipment-Congo's air transport sector fills the gap in its poor land networks. Spare parts and used equipment is of particular interest.
- Mining Equipment-foreign mining companies have been cautiously returning to Congo since 1995, although recently there has been a great influx
- Forestry Equipment- As with mining, Congo has seen a reentry of players to a sector of enormous potential if export transportation problems can be resolved
- Agricultural Equipment, Herbicides, Fertilizers -great agricultural potential but severe problems with rural roads and marketing systems. Potential sales are primarily to small farmers.
- Four-Wheel Drive/Off-Road Passenger Vehicles-Despite Japanese dominance, American-made vehicles in this category also enjoy a good reputation
- Transport-trucks and tankers, truck and tankers spare parts
- Next >>